Newbies from 1st place to 25th place
35. Maroon 5 – Animals
43. Bobby – Raise Your Guard and Bounce
51. M.C. The Max – U OST
52. Keira Knightley – Tell Me If You Wanna Go Home OST
59. Zia – Pretend To Be Okay
62. Postmen – I Can’t Go to Shinchon
67. Jay Park – So Good (feat. Common Ground)
70. Keira Knightley – A Step You Can’t Take Back OST
71. Keira Knightley – Lost Stars OST
75. Adam Levine – A Higher Place OST
95. Keira Knightley – Coming Up Roses OST
97. Keira Knightley – Like A Fool OST
99. Yoon Do Hyun – Me These Days (feat. Tablo, K.Will)
82. Lee Jae Hoon – How are you people? [couldn’t find it]
83. Ulala Session – You&Me
89. Ladies’ Code – Pretty Pretty
91. Ladies’ Code – Kiss Kiss
92. Baechigi – Boy Jump (feat. Hwa Sa of MAMAMOO)
94. Shin Ji Hoon – Crybaby
95. MC Sniper – Coke Bottle (feat. Bumkey)
As you can see, the newbies are mostly composed by the “Begin Again” OST. I guess Korea was really taken by it somehow. We saw already for the last 2 years or so that they have a thing for Maroon 5, so I guess it might have something to do with that. I don’t know, quite frankly, since I didn’t see the movie. The songs are good.
So Good is a fun track, with a really unmistakable Michael Jackson sound. Maybe it was intended like an homage of some sort.
You&Me is really fun. I’m not sure I like the last part of the chorus with the little one singing is lungs off, but anyway, it’s worth a look.
There’s a few older song from Ladies’ Code that came back in the chart, for obvious reasons.
What I have to say about Boy Jump is right here.
I like Crybaby, but the MV is a bit too much pathetic (in the “crybaby” sense of the word) for me. So I listen to it without the visual support. Maybe it didn’t help that while searching for it on YouTube, the preview picture of the live performance was a close up of the overly sad face of Shin Ji Hoon. Way too pathetic.
I really like Coke Bottle. Yeah, sure, the MV is a bit… creepy in a sexist way if you get what I’m saying (there’s a lot of MV like that in the K-music scene, so you kinda get used to it without never really getting used to it… oh well). But it’s really upbeat and lively and Bumkey is great as usual.