Adam Levine, baechigi, Bobby, Bumkey, Common Ground, Hwa Sa, Jay Park, Keira Knightley, Ladies' Code, Lee Jae Hoon, M.C THE MAX, Mamamoo, Maroon 5, MC Sniper, postmen, Shin Ji Hoon, Ulala Session, Yoon Do Hyun, Zia
Newbies from 1st place to 25th place
35. Maroon 5 – Animals
43. Bobby – Raise Your Guard and Bounce
51. M.C. The Max – U OST
52. Keira Knightley – Tell Me If You Wanna Go Home OST
59. Zia – Pretend To Be Okay
62. Postmen – I Can’t Go to Shinchon
67. Jay Park – So Good (feat. Common Ground)
70. Keira Knightley – A Step You Can’t Take Back OST
71. Keira Knightley – Lost Stars OST
75. Adam Levine – A Higher Place OST
95. Keira Knightley – Coming Up Roses OST
97. Keira Knightley – Like A Fool OST
99. Yoon Do Hyun – Me These Days (feat. Tablo, K.Will)
82. Lee Jae Hoon – How are you people? [couldn’t find it]
83. Ulala Session – You&Me
89. Ladies’ Code – Pretty Pretty
91. Ladies’ Code – Kiss Kiss
92. Baechigi – Boy Jump (feat. Hwa Sa of MAMAMOO)
94. Shin Ji Hoon – Crybaby
95. MC Sniper – Coke Bottle (feat. Bumkey)
As you can see, the newbies are mostly composed by the “Begin Again” OST. I guess Korea was really taken by it somehow. We saw already for the last 2 years or so that they have a thing for Maroon 5, so I guess it might have something to do with that. I don’t know, quite frankly, since I didn’t see the movie. The songs are good.
So Good is a fun track, with a really unmistakable Michael Jackson sound. Maybe it was intended like an homage of some sort.
You&Me is really fun. I’m not sure I like the last part of the chorus with the little one singing is lungs off, but anyway, it’s worth a look.
There’s a few older song from Ladies’ Code that came back in the chart, for obvious reasons.
What I have to say about Boy Jump is right here.
I like Crybaby, but the MV is a bit too much pathetic (in the “crybaby” sense of the word) for me. So I listen to it without the visual support. Maybe it didn’t help that while searching for it on YouTube, the preview picture of the live performance was a close up of the overly sad face of Shin Ji Hoon. Way too pathetic.
I really like Coke Bottle. Yeah, sure, the MV is a bit… creepy in a sexist way if you get what I’m saying (there’s a lot of MV like that in the K-music scene, so you kinda get used to it without never really getting used to it… oh well). But it’s really upbeat and lively and Bumkey is great as usual.